Love Kawatiri Community Trust is seeking a new Chairperson to assist us in fulfilling our vision “To unleash the strengths and potential in Kawatiri, enabling the community to take the lead in creating a positive future.”
We’re looking for someone that is passionate about the future of Kawatiri (Westport and surrounding Buller District), is community-minded and has a desire to be involved in the development of our community for ourselves and future generations.
Our ideal chairperson will bring a range of inter-personal skills and governance experience to the role, including:
- Strong communication skills
- Good governance experience/knowledge
- Ability to engage with a wide-range of Community & Stakeholder networks
- Facilitation of Trustee Meetings with an ability to reach consensus decisions amongst a broad and diverse set of stakeholders/trustees.
- Providing regular support, supervision and direction to our Community Development Manager
- Strategic Planning and Project Management experience
If you’re interested in joining Love Kawatiri and helping to fulfil this important role, please provide us with a one page cover letter that provides an overview of:
- Your passion/interest in supporting the development of the future of Westport/Kawatiri
- Previous Governance Experience
- Skills & Networks that you can bring to the role.
Please take 5 minutes to complete our Chairperson Nomination form and upload your cover letter form below.
This is a voluntary role and will suit someone that has a desire to contribute to the future development of Love Kawatiri and our community. Initial expressions of interest close: 10am, Monday 16th March, 2020.
If you would like to learn more about Love Kawatiri and this exciting role, please contact either:
Help Build Our Future: Chairperson Nomination Form - 2020
Nominations form for LK Chairperson Role - Feb/March 2020
Sorry. This form is no longer available.